Welcome to the June edition of our Newsletter. In this month’s shorter edition you can find:
- An update on our #NAHS20 Annual Conference and AGM planned for November.
- Details of proposed webinars and how you can help determine the topics.
- An appeal for volunteers for the Executive Board and Management Support roles.
- Information and links to recent guidance and advice.
- Details on planned events and the Thought Leadership Webinars.
- NAHS Executive Director now sitting on the Advisory Board of the IFPO.
#NAHS20 – Annual Conference
We have to announce that the face to face #NAHS20 Annual Conference has been postponed to 25th February 2021. In light of the COVID19 situation and challenges we are all facing at our Trusts, it was felt that a face to face event would be better in the New Year. We are currently working with our event organisers to make all the necessary changes and will be providing a more detailed outline in due course.
We can, however, confirm that we will be holding our Annual General Meeting as planned on 12th November 2020 but this will be a virtual meeting on MS Teams or an alternative platform. We will be sending out the papers, agenda and invitations to all members closer to the time so please keep a Save the Date marker in your diary. We are also exploring the opportunity to hold an online panel event and briefings via MS Teams or another online platform in the afternoon of the 12th November 2020 and will be releasing more information once the arrangements are confirmed.
As we have had to postpone our #NAHS20 Annual Conference, we are proposing to hold a series of webinars and will be sending around a survey to all members as we need your input!
We want you to tell us what you want to hear about, what topics interest you and what would be of benefit to you. We have already started sourcing speakers and participants but want to make the webinars really worthwhile.
Please complete the survey when it drops into your inbox and help develop a great and informative series.
Are you interested in being on the Executive Board?
We are looking for volunteers to join the NAHS Executive Committee and want to hear from interested colleagues. Please note this is not for badge collectors but requires commitment and your time.
If you are able to give up some of your free time to serve on the NAHS Executive Board, please email email@example.com setting out what you can offer and can bring to the table.
Reminder of the 2020 NAHS CPD Scheme
International Foundation For Protection Officers
We have just learnt that The Security Event has rearranged the event for the 27th and 28th April 2021. John Currie will be representing NAHS at the event and will be delivering a presentation and participating in a panel discussion.
IFSEC have rearranged their events which are now taking place between the 18th and 20th May 2021.
The Healthcare FM Conference has been postponed to 10th November where NAHS will be presenting and participating in a panel discussion on Healthcare Security.
As this situation is extremely fluid and subject to change, we would advise members to keep an eye on the Events page, which we will endeavour to keep updated for you.
Thought Leadership Webinars
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind Members of the OSPAs Thought Leadership Webinar Series which is also available to all members. The series of webinars are addressing and discussing an extensive range of subjects and feature some true Subject Matter Experts. The link to the website and the webinar booking page is here
The latest webinars in the series are detailed below:
- Thursday 2 July at 15:30: If policing is too important to be left to the police alone, what is the role of private security?
- Tuesday 7 July at 15:30: What should we expect from security leaders? Are they good enough?
- Thursday 9 July at 15:30: Developing skillsets in the security sector: do security professionals know how competent they need to be?
- Tuesday 14 July at 15:30: Thinking about Innovation in security and crime prevention: where can we look and what can we find?
In our next Edition
In our next edition we plan to feature:
- Discussion paper and article on the impact of COVID-19 on Healthcare Security.
- Protecting our own Mental Health and Wellbeing.
- Articles on Lone Working and Personal Safety.
- Interviews with RCM and RCN colleagues as part of our support of the National Year of the Nurse and Midwife – Keeping our staff safe.
- Forthcoming events and dates to look out for.
- An interview/blog with Dr Alex George (the NHS Doctor from Love Island for those who don’t know him) – subject to his availability.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this is all subject to last-minute change.