Benefits Of Membership
Free NAHS membership provides the following great benefits:
- Website Content – the NAHS website member only section which includes...
- Full access to a range of features and articles posted on the website, including notification when new articles are published.
- Exclusive access to our Knowledge Centre (currently under review) where you can find examples of security related policies and procedures in the document library; articles and news; useful website links; a range of useful resources; and information about our past conferences including the PowerPoint presentations released by the speakers.
- Support – The effective management of security is a contractual requirement for every NHS body in England. The NAHS can play an important role in supporting SMDs and LSMS or other security professionals with information and guidance. The Association has close links with the Security Institute and ASIS UK Chapter 208 and through the website and other social media platforms you can benefit from up-to-date information and professional articles as well as being directed towards other news related topics.
- Networking – As a member you will be able to network through the website with other healthcare security professionals from around the UK and Ireland. Networking opportunities also arise through our annual conferences and newsletters, through Twitter and via our Linkedin members group.
- Publication of your media – The NAHS warmly welcomes articles, newsletters, policies, procedures, presentations and other documents from members. These can be hosted on our website and distributed in our Knowledge Centre.
- Annual Conference - The Association holds an annual conference. NAHS members have priority booking and access to a substantial discount. CPD points are validated by the Security Institute. See the conference pages for more information.
- Other Conferences and Events - From time to time the Association may arrange other briefings on relevant topics through the year. Members have access to priority booking and access to a substantial discount. CPD points can also be obtained for attendance at these events.
Eligibility For Membership
Membership of the Association is free and is open to those people involved in the field of healthcare security. In particular, individual employees in a hospital, or employed by a group of hospitals, including private or military hospitals, in a NHS Trust or by a private healthcare facility - with the responsibility for the provision of healthcare security. Membership of the Association is on an individual membership basis only.
There are three levels of membership:
Member* (Individual security professionals employed in the Healthcare Security Industry, e.g Manager/LSMS/Team Leader),
Associate* (Others employed within the Healthcare Security Industry or with direct links to it, e.g Security Officers),
Corporate (Individuals from organisations providing support, products or services to the Healthcare Security Industry) – Attracts a fee of £99 to be paid on request during the application process.
* - Free membership, no joining fee.
Please refer to The Constitution for further details.
Free Membership Application: Click here